Two teams per region per event
Rules and Regulations:
1. Canadian Ball Hockey Association rules apply unless otherwise stated.
2. No two-line pass rule: The centerline will not exist for two line passes and off side.
3. Floating Blue Line: This method of offside is exclusive to ball hockey. The attacking team on offense uses the blue line the
same as in ice hockey until they enter the offensive zone. Once this is accomplished the centerline acts as the blue line and
the defensive team must clear the ball past the centerline before it is considered out of the zone.
4. Any 3 penalties is a game ejection.
5. 3 minute run time penalties: All stick infractions (high sticking, slashing, etc) are 6-minute penalties in accordance
with CBHA rules. 3 stick infractions in one game leads to ejection from game.
6. Gross/Match/Fighting penalties: the league will not tolerate these; all will be subject to ejection from tournament. Referee’s
call stand there is no appeal process.
7. No touch icing: This will be implemented to speed up game and eliminate possible injuries.
8. Quick face off rule: This is also implemented to speed up game and eliminate time wasting in game.
9. Stop time last 5 minutes: If scores are within 2 goals there will be stop time in last 5 minutes.
10. 2 x 25 minute running time halves (in accordance with CBHA rules) with 5 minute intermissions.
11. Mercy Rule may be in effect: If at anytime during the 1st period a team is up by 7 goals we go to a running time.
If a team scores to take the deficit down to six then we go back to stop time. If a 7 goal or more lead exists after the first
period or anytime during the second the game ends.
12. All participants must be present at least 30 min prior to the event starting time indicated on the schedule. Any team
late or not present will lose by default.
13. All coaches must report to the Hockey Chairperson prior to the start of the tournament to discuss the rules of the game
and go over any other required information. This tournament follows the CBHA rules governing minor ball hockey. All
referees and linesmen are carded officials.
14. Each team is responsible for obtaining and checking the game sheet for errors. The first team arriving to the rink will be
given a game sheet at the registration desk (prize table). Once checked, they should turn the game sheet over to the
other team. This team then should submit the score sheet to the scorekeeper.
15. All teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games
16. Each team shall be allowed one 30 second time out per half.
TOURNAMENT DRAW WITH POOLED TEAMS
Points will be awarded in wins/losses and ties and regular games will be allowed to end in a tie.
Points will be awarded for the following:
In total the maximum number of points your team may earn in one game is 14
In the event of a points tie between two teams, to determine playoff spots or ranking, points tie breaker will be decided on the following:
If two teams are tied, the winner of the round robin game between those teams will receive the higher standing. If three or more teams are tied, teams with the best win/loss record in games against tied teams will take the higher standing.
Round Robin Games: each game will consist of 2 - 20 minute run time periods. However, if a team leads by seven or more goals in the second half, game will end (mercy rule)
Playoff Games: each game will consist of 2 - 20 minute run time if teams are tied after regulation, overtime will be played as follows:
Divisional tie-breaking determination
*GFA closest to 1.000 advances
Goals for + goals against = total goals; GFA = goals for divided by total goals
e.g.25 goals for + 15 goals against = 40 total goals;GFA = 25/40 = .625
Registration deadline as designated by your regional director
All registrations are done through your regional director, who will determine the regional deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your regional director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.