Updated: May 15/2018
Date: Thursday, July 5th & Friday, July 6th, 2018
Location: Taber Community Centre Auditorium - 4720 50 St
Check in & Start: See Schedule
Click here for printable rules.
Click here for printable map.
Events and Age Groups:
As this is a doubles tournament, players must register with their partner. Age category is determined by the youngest partner’s age as of January 1, of the current year.
Age Categories & Doubles Events:
Tournament officials reserve the right to adjust age categories should numbers require.
Three teams per region, regardless of age or event category.
Round Robin or Double Elimination, depending on the number of registrants. Regardless of format, each team will play at least 3 games.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Play will be governed by the rules set by the International Federation of Pickleball, 2018 Official Rule Book.
2. All participants must be present at least 30 minutes prior to the event starting time indicated on the schedule. The schedule will be made on site the day of the event to avoid cancellations and no shows.
3. Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
4. Courts are indoors on a gymnasium floor; please wear appropriate footwear. Indoor balls will be used.
5. Players must supply their own paddles, non-marking shoes, and appropriate clothing.
6. Players will be responsible for calling faults with the exception of Gold Medal rounds, which will be refereed. A dispute resolution monitor will be on call to answer rule questions.
7. Medals will be awarded for Gold, Silver, and Bronze at the conclusion of each event.
8. The Southern Alberta Summer Games has a Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy. If a competitor, coach, parent, or spectator is abusive in any way towards officials, other competitors, or volunteers, they will immediately be ejected from competition.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.