Date: Friday July 7 & Saturday July 8
Location: U12 - Griffin
U14-18 - Brooks Junior High School 124 - 4th Ave East, Brooks, AB and Brooks Composite High School - 650 4 Ave E, Brooks, AB
Start: TBD - Check Soccer Schedule for full details/changes
Click here for printable rules.
Click here for printable map of Brooks Junior High School.
Click here for printable map of Brooks Composite High School
Events and Age Groups: All ages as of December 31st of current year
•Co-Ed: under 12 years - Born in 2006 & 2005
oU12 will play 8 on 8
•Co-Ed: under 14 years - Born in 2004 & 2003
•Co-Ed: under 16 years - Born in 2002 & 2001
•Co-Ed: under 18 years - Born in 2000 & 1999
Tier I and Tier II Rep players are not eligible. Players must not have participated in a Tier I or II
game/tournament within the last 12 months. Players must be from house league level teams.
Two U12 teams per region
One U14, U16, U18 team per region
•Guaranteed 2 games
•All coaches must report to the soccer canopy prior to the start of each game to discuss the rules of the game and go over any other required information.
Rules and Regulations:
All players are encouraged to wear their regional colors. Should two teams have the same colored shirts the away team will wear pinnies.
1. Each team will require a field Marshall
2. 60 minutes prior to each teams first game, there will be a brief coaches, referee and SARA board meeting to discuss the Code of Conduct and Rules. Failing to have a representative attend this meeting will void the team of any appeals.
3. Prior to each game, referees will check each players equipment.
4. Rules to be governed by the Alberta Soccer Association unless otherwise stated.
5. Shin pads are mandatory for all players. Metal cleats on shoes are not allowed.
6. Hard casts and support braces with any metal are considered to pose a danger to both the wearer and other players and
are not permitted to be worn. The practice of padding a hard cast or knee brace with metal does not reduce the element of
7. All participants must be present at least 30 min prior to the event starting time indicated on the schedule. Any team late or
not present will lose by default.
8. Each team must provide a lines-person for each game.
9. Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
10. Referees must write down the “start” time on the games sheet so as to avoid any discrepancies.
Age Division Game Time ½ Time Break Ball Size
Under 12 2 - 30 min halves 5 min Size #4
Under 14 2 - 35 min halves 5 min Size #5
Under 16 2 - 40 min halves 5 min Size #5
Under 18 2 - 45 min halves 5 min Size #5
11. Unlimited substitutions of listed players are allowed throughout the regulation time of the game.
12. A substitute player must report to the referee of the game.
13. Substitutions may be allowed during any of the following:
•A goal has been scored;
•A goal kick is to be taken;
•A penalty kick is to be taken;
•A throw in is to be taken
•A player has been injured;
•At half time; or
14. U12 teams must register a minimum of 8 players and a maximum of 13 players. U14, U16 and U18 teams must register a
minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 18 players.
15. A team must register a coach and a manager or trainer.
16. There must be a minimum of 3 boys and 3 girls on the playing field at all times. In the event a team is short of players due
to illness or injury, they must play short-handed by that number of players.
17. A minimum of 7 players is needed to play.
18. Dimensions for U12 will be: Field length = 62-65meters. Field width = 40-45 meters. Goal frame = 6-8
feet high, 12-18 feet long. Goal Crease rectangle = 12-15meters by 7-8meters.
19. A) Penalty kicks shall be taken alternately by 5 different players of each team. Only the players on the field at the end of
the game are allowed to take the initial penalty kicks, and one of the penalty kicks must be taken by a female. The goalie
may take a penalty kick. A coin toss will determine which team will kick first.
B) If then the game is undeclared, a sudden death shoot out shall occur. Teams shoot alternately, using different players each round. Cannot repeat shooter until all players on a team have had a turn. Goalies must remain on the goal line until the ball is struck. Only one goal will be awarded to the winning team from the shootout.
20. During medal round games, if the game is tied, teams shall play an additional 10 minutes consisting of 2 five minute
halves. If the game is still tied after the extra time has been played, penalty kicks shall be used as outlined in Rule #16
21. For expediency, the coach is required to provide a roster of players, including scratches, before each game to the referee.
This document is to be signed, dated, and the time stamped by the coach. A form is provided in the registration package
for all coaches.
22. The referee has the final decision. Good sportsmanship is expected of all coaches, parents, and players. ABUSE OF
ANY REFEREE OR LINESMAN WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! One warning from the referee may be given, ejection will result on
a second offense.
23. Goal difference - Only a 5 goal difference shall be recorded as the official score. For example: final score is 10-1 for team A over B, the official score will be 6-1 for Team A.
24. No coaches are allowed on the field with the exception of an injured player.
25. Coaches are only allowed to midpoint of the field.
26. Spectators are to be on the opposite side of the field from players.
Points will be awarded for wins/losses and ties and regular games will be allowed to end in a tie.
Points will be awarded for the following:
•Win - 3 points
•Tie - 1 point
•Loss - 0 points
In the event of a points tie between teams, to determine playoff spots or ranking, points tie breaker will be decided on the following:
TIE BREAKING Procedures
The following tie breaking rules will be used to determine final standing where two or more teams are tied on points taking the whole round-robin into consideration where applicable.
(a) Previous Match Results - the most points gained in the match(es) between the teams concerned shall be used to determine the final standing.
(b) Goal Difference - for any team still tied, by deducting goals against from goals for, in all games, the highest goal difference shall be used to determine the final standings.
(c) Fewest Goals Conceded - for any teams still tied, the fewest goals conceded, in all games, shall be used to determine the final standings.
(d) Highest Goals Scored - for any teams still tied, the total of goals scored in all games shall be used to determine the final standing.
(e) For any teams still tied, penalty kicks shall be taken to determine which team advances to the next stage of the competition. A.S.A. Penalty kick rules shall apply.
(f) In any three (3) team round-robin, whether part or whole of the competition, the third game of the competition shall be played to a decision if the team not participating has zero points, has been suspended or has withdrawn. Any third game of a three-team round robin that requires a result will go directly to penalty kicks.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers. No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.