Updated: July 11/2017
Date: Friday, July 7th and Saturday July 8thth, 2017
Location: JBS Canada Centre, 323- 1st St East, Brooks AB
Time: Coaches Meeting 7:30 a.m. (both days)
Warm-ups 7:40 a.m. (both days)
Events 8:30 a.m. (both days)
Click here for printable rules
Click here for printable map
Meet Referee: Nanette Dupont
All ages as of May 1, of the current year
- 6 years and under
- 8 years and under
- 9 & 10 year olds
- 11 & 12 year olds
- 13 & 14 year olds
- 15 - 17 year olds
- 18 - 29 year olds
- 30 - 44 year olds
- 45 years old and over
* Note: No swimmer may move age groups for individual events, they may move up for relays
- Individual Medley
- Free Relay
- Free Mixed Gender Relay
- Medley Relay
- Medley Mixed Gender Relay
- Family Relay
* Note: There is a category for Para Swimmers
- Open registration - no limit on the number of athletes from each region
- No limit on relay entries
- No limit on number of Family Relay teams entered per region
Swimmers eligibility is based on:
- Rules and Regulations as outlined by ASSA. These can be found at the ASSA website assa.ca Rules and Regulations Section.
ALL Swimmers MUST BE:
- All swimmers must also be registered with ASSA.
- Pre-registered for Summer Games with their Regional Director.
- Heats will commence in the morning with the finals following in the afternoon.
- The 400M Freestyle and the relay events will be swam as timed finals.
- Some heats with 5 or less swimmers may go straight to finals at the scheduled heat time.
- Each Summer Swim Club in the region must supply officials in proportion to the number of swimmers attending from their club.
Rules and Regulations:
- Swimming/Natation Canada (SNC) and ASSA Rules and Regulations will be in effect unless in conflict with specified SASG rules.
- Any swimmer who is late or otherwise absent for their event shall be eliminated by default from that event.
- Every athlete must be able to provide appropriate identification specifying age and residence at all times. All swimmers must also be able to present their ASSA, Swim Alberta affiliation number upon request.
- Swimmers may compete in 4 individual events and 2 relays (medley and free) plus the family relay.
- All Individual and Relay entries must be submitted through the ASSA website by June 27th, 2017 at 10pm.
- Family relay will be 100 m (4X25m) and any stroke may be used. The team must consist of 3 members of an IMMEDIATE family, with at least one being a parent. Family Relay entries must be submitted by noon on the day of the event.
- Any swimmer eligible for and participating in other events at the meet may participate as the 4th member of a family relay team.
- Scratches must be received by 8 am both days. Relay changes must be approved by the Meet Manager and Referee.
- Mixed Gender Relay teams must consist of 2 males and 2 females.
- SASG swim participants must register for swimming by the deadline for your town.
- All registrations are done through your Regional Director. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Regional Directors need to submit registrations for non-swim club members to Kim Jorgenson at email@example.com by June 25th, 2017
- Swim club coaches will be responsible for entering swimmers for individual and relay events through the ASSA website by June 27th, 2017 at 10pm.
The only exception is the family relay.
Hotel space is limited due to another large event happening at the same time. It has been suggested that you book a hotel or camping space early.
Please feel free to contact me with any queries.
Kim Jorgenson 403-627-8471