Updated: March 20/2018
Date: Saturday, July 7th, 2018
Location: Vauxhall Fish, Game, Rod, and Gun Club- Hwy 36, Vauxhall, AB (0.5 miles south of Vauxhall on the east side of highway beside the Seed Plant).
Time: Check in: 9:00 am Start: 10:00 am
Click here for printable rules.
Click here for printable map.
Events and Age Groups:
All ages as of December 31st of current year
Open registration - no limit on the number of athletes from each region.
All participants must shoot a preliminary event in their region to determine their class.
Events & Classification:
Classes will follow ATA guidelines.
A = 95% and over
B = 92% and under 95%
C = 89% and under 92%
D = under 89%
All events will be shot from the 16 yard line.
Each shooter will take 50 shots during their event.
In the event of a tie, the two tied athletes will take part in a 25 target shoot off as per the Amateur Trapshooting Association rules.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Rules of the Amateur Trapshooting Association will govern the shoot unless otherwise stated.
2. Guns must be unloaded and actions OPEN except on firing line. Actions are to remain open until it is the shooters time to fire.
3. Only ONE shell should be loaded into the chamber at any time.
4. Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
5. Eye and Ear protection is MANDATORY and is the responsibility of the shooter.
6. No coaching, except for shooters under the age of 18. No coaching while the shooter is on the firing line.
7. All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a coach/guardian that must remain at the shooting event while the youth is participating in the event.
8. All shooters must be present 30 minutes prior to the event.
9. If more than one person is using the same shotgun, please notify at time of registration.
10. All shooters must be present when their squad is called. Failure of any individuals to appear will result in disqualification.
11. All shooters will shoot from the 16 yard line.
12. Each shooter is allowed 2 misfires only.
13. There is to be at least two athletes firing at the same time, regardless of age or class.
14. The Chief Range Officer has the final say in any ruling. Anyone can be disqualified at any time for any infraction.
15. Each shooter is responsible for checking the accuracy of their total score at the end of each round. No adjustments will be made once the next round begins.
16. Any target discrepancies need to be dealt with at the time of the discrepancy while on the shooting line. No adjustments will be made once the target is shot.
17. Any ties will be broken according to Amateur Trapshooting Association rules. Ties will be broken by a 25 target shoot off.
18. The Southern Alberta Summer Games has a Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy. If a competitor, coach, parent, or spectator is abusive in any way towards officials, other competitors, or volunteers, they will immediately be ejected from competition.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director.
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that the event is scheduled to run.