Athletics (Track & Field)
UPDATED: April 16/2016
Date: July 6 & 7, 2016
Location: Community Sports Stadium, University of Lethbridge
Click here for printable rules.
Events and Age Groups:
Note: MM to J athletes may choose to compete in an older age division, however, if they so choose, they must compete in that division for all events and for the duration of the Games with the exception of relays.
| MM|| Mighty Mite || Will be 7, 8 or 9 years old|| Born in 2007, 2008, 2009|
| PW|| Pee Wee|| Will be 10 or 11 years old || Born in 2005, 2006|
| B || Bantam|| Will be 12 or 13 years old|| Born in 2003, 2004|
| M || Midget|| Will be 14 or 15 years old|| Born in 2001, 2002|
| Y|| Youth|| Will be 16 or 17 years old|| Born in 1999, 2000|
| J|| Junior|| Will be 18 or 19 years old|| Born in 1997, 1998|
| S|| Senior|| Will be 20 to 35 years old|| Born in 1981-1996|
| MA|| Masters|| Will be 36 to 54 years old|| Born in 1962-1980|
| MP|| Masters Plus|| Will be 55 plus|| Born in or before 1961|
For relays only, younger athletes may move up to an older division for that event only (i.e. Pee Wee can move up into a Bantam to fill a team).Regional Representation:Unlimited number of people per individual event per region
Unlimited number of relay teams per relay event per regionEvent and Equipment Specifications:
Ball ThrowA softball 12 inches in circumference will be used for all groups. There is no specification on the type of throw the participant uses.Shot Put – Discus – Javelin
| PW||B||M ||Y ||J ||S ||MA ||MP |
| SHOT PUT|| 6lb|| 6lb || 3kg || 4kg || 4kg || 4kg || 4kg || 3kg |
| 750g|| 1kg|| 1kg || 1kg || 1kg || 1kg || 1kg |
| 500g|| 600g|| 600g|| 600g|| 600g|| 600g|| 500g|
HurdlesHurdles will be offered for Midget, Youth, Junior and Senior age groups.
| PW||B||M ||Y ||J ||S ||MA ||MP |
| SHOT PUT|| 6lb|| 6lb || 4kg || 5kg || 12lb || 12lb || 12lb || 12lb |
| 750g|| 1kg|| 1.5kg || 1.6kg || 1.6kg || 1.6kg || 1kg |
| 600g|| 600g|| 700g|| 800g|| 800g|| 800g|| 600g|
Female: 80m; M and Y: 76cm (30”) high, 12m to first hurdle, 8m between hurdles
Recommendations J and S: 84cm (33”) high, 12m to first hurdle, 8m between hurdles
Male: 100m; M and Y : 84cm (33”) high, 13m to first hurdle, 8.5m between hurdles
J and S: 91cm (36”) high, 13m to first hurdle, 8.5m between hurdles
(4x100) Open - Must be at least 3 members of immediate family (any age and gender)Rules and Regulations:1. International Association of Athletics Federations Rules apply unless otherwise stated.
2. All participants must be registered by their Regional Director prior to the registration deadline.
Athletes will not be allowed to register on site.
3. Athletes are required to participate in the events they originally registered with. No athletes will be allowed to change
their events the days of competition.
4. Participants in all races should report to the start line 20 minutes prior to their event starting time indicated on
the schedule. Any competitor not on time for their race will be automatically scratched.
5. Heats (where numbers warrant) will be held in 50m, 100m, 200m and hurdles. If 7 or fewer athletes are registered in an
event, the event will be run at the time allocated for its final. All other races will be timed finals.
6. Participants in all field events should report to their event site 20 minutes prior to their event. Any competitor not on time
for their event will enter the competition as per rules of that event.
7. If you have a track event and a field event at the same time, report to your field event and tell the Head Official that you
also have a track event. When you return to the field event, you will continue in that event in the round that is currently in
progress (competition order can change). If the event is completed by the time you return, you will not be allowed to
8. Competitors are allowed a maximum of any 5 individual events plus 1 relay plus the family relay. For the purpose
of scoring points for your region, Athletics is considered a double sport. The men and women’s results will contribute
separately to your regions’ aggregate point total.
9. Only the region name must be on the registration form for relays. On the day of the event, names of relay runners will be
submitted by 12:00 noon.
10. No event will start earlier than the posted time unless all competitors are present and agree to start early.
11. Where the number of entries in a track event suffices, heats will be timed with the 8 fastest runners from all heats
combined advancing to the finals competing for first to eighth place. The runners with the next fastest times will advance
to the consolation final competing for ninth to sixteenth place.
12. All athletes must wear proper footwear while competing.Registration Deadline:Registration Deadline as designated by the Regional Director.All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.