Updated: April 25/2016
Date: July 6 & 7, 2016
Location: Henderson (18 hole) & Evergreen (9 hole)
Start: July 6 - Henderson - 9:45am; July 7 - Evergreen - Coed - 10:30am, Team - 2:00pm
Click here for printable rules.
Events and Age Groups: All ages as of December 31 of current year
Co-Ed 10-12 yrs (9 hole event)
Boys/Girls 13 – 15 yrs
Handicap 21 +
Boys/Girls 16 – 18 yrs
Handicap 21 +
Men/Women 19 – 54 yrs
Men/Women 55 yrs and over
Family Mixed Scramble (9 Hole Event) Any 2 family members
6 participants per region per handicap (does NOT include Family Scramble)
Co-Ed age groups 9 holes
Other age groups 18 holes
Family Mixed Scramble 9 holes
2 Person Scramble – Each player plays a drive from the tee box and from there they will play best ball. Each player gets to play a ball from the chosen spot but the ball must be placed no nearer to the hole and within 1 foot of original ball. This continues until the ball is holes out. 3 drives in 9 holes must be used from each player.
All winners will be declared using gross scores with the exception of groups not requiring a handicap.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Golf Canada Rules will be in effect.
2. Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
3. Motorized golf carts may be used by those 16 years of age and older. A rental fee will be charged for carts over and above
the green fee.
4. All participants must be present at least 30 minutes prior to their tee times.
5. Except Co-Ed athletes aged 10 – 12 years and girls aged 13 – 15 years, all competitors must submit a valid Golf Canada
index with their registration.
6. Handicap index will be used to flight athletes. There will be a maximum of 6 participants per flight, depending on registrants
per handicap the flight may be adjusted. i.e. If there are low numbers in the 0-6 handicap, the flight may be combined with
the next closest one (7-12).
7. Gross scores within flights will be used to determine winners. Medals available for top 3 competitors in each flight.
8. Caddies are NOT permitted for any age group.
9. A volunteer will be assigned to assist with keeping score for the Co-Ed age divisions.
10. Parents are NOT allowed to accompany their children while they are competing on the golf course.
11.The decision of the Golf Chairperson in consultation with the club pro is final.
12. The 2016 Southern Alberta Summer Games has a Zero Tolerance Policy. If a competitor, spectator or parent is abusive in
any regard toward officials, co- competitors or volunteers, they will be immediately disqualified from competition.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers. No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.
Green Fees Golf Carts*
Henderson $30.00 Henderson - $20.00
Evergreen $11.00 Evergreen - $14.00 (Pull Carts $3.50)
*Available to 16 year olds and up