UPDATED: June 20/2016Date: July 8, 2016 <-- NOTE CHANGE TO ONE DAY EVENT
Location: Fritz Gym, Lethbridge Senior Citizen's Organization
Women's / Men's Doubles - Start: 9:00am
Mixed - Start: 1:00pmClick here for printable rules.
Players must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tournament start. There will be courts available to use for warm up and practice.
Events and Age Groups:
As this is a doubles tournament, players must register with their partner. Age is determined by the youngest partner’s age as of January 1, 2016. For1 example, if one partner is 65 on January 1st and the other is 62, this team will play in the 60 – 64 age category.
· 55 - 59
· 60 - 64
Tournament officials reserve the right to adjust age categories should numbers require.
• Three teams per region, regardless of age category.
Round Robin or Double Elimination, depending on the number of registrants. Regardless of format, each team will play at least 3 games.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Play will be governed by the rules set by the International Federation of Pickleball, January 2016.
2. All participants must be present at least 30 minutes prior to the event starting time indicated on the schedule. The schedule will be made on site the day of the event to avoid cancellations and no shows.
3. Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
4. Courts are indoors; white indoor balls will be used.
5. Players must supply their own paddles, non-marking shoes and appropriate clothing.
6. Players will be responsible for calling faults with the exception of Gold Medal rounds, which will be refereed. A dispute resolution monitor will be on call to answer rule questions.
7. Medals will be awarded for Gold, Silver, and Bronze at the conclusion of each event.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.