Updated: April 28/2016
Date: July 8 & 9Location: Max Bell Aquatic Centre, University of LethbridgeTime: Coaches Mtg 7:30am / Warm-Ups 7:40am / Events 8:30am Click here for printable rules.
Age Groups: All ages as of May 1, of the current year
6 years and under
8 years and under
9 & 10 year olds
11 & 12 year olds
13 & 14 year olds
15 – 17 year olds
18 – 29 year olds
30 – 44 year olds
45 years old and over
* Note: No swimmer may move age groups
Free Mixed Gender Relay
Medley Mixed Gender Relay
* Note: There is a category for Para Swimmers
• Open registration - no limit on the number of athletes from each region
• No limit on the number of relays
• No limit on number of Family Relay teams entered per region
Swimmers eligibility is based on:
1.Rules and Regulations as outlined by ASSA. These can be found at the ASSA website www.assa.ca Rules and Regulations
a.Participants must let their regional director know if they are not currently registered with ASSA prior to
ALL Swimmers MUST BE:
1.All swimmers must also be registered with ASSA.
2. Pre-registered (including Family Relay Participants) for Summer Games with their
1. Heats will commence in the morning with the finals following in the afternoon.
2. 400M Freestyle, and the relay events will be swam as timed finals.
3. Some heats with 8 or less swimmers may go straight to finals at the scheduled heat time.
• Each Summer Swim Club in the region must supply officials in proportion to the number of swimmers attending from their
Rules and Regulations:
1. Swimming/Natation Canada (SNC) and ASSA Rules and Regulations will be in effect unless in conflict with specified SASG
2. Any swimmer who is late or otherwise absent for their event shall be eliminated by default from that event.
3. Every athlete must be able to provide appropriate identification specifying age and residence at all times. All swimmers
must also be able to present their ASSA, Swim Alberta affiliation number upon request.
4. Swimmers may compete in 4 individual events and 2 relays (medley and free) plus the family relay.
5. All individual and Relay entries must be submitted through the ASSA website by 10pm, June 28th.
6. Family relay will be 100 m (4X25m) and any stroke may be used. The team must consist of 3 members of an IMMEDIATE
family, with at least one being a parent. Family Relay entries must be submitted by noon on the day of the event.
7. Any swimmer eligible for and participating in other events at the meet may participate as the 4th member of a family relay team.
8.Scratches must be received by 8 am both days. Relay changes must be approved by the Meet Manager and Referee.
9. Mixed Gender Relay must consist of 2 males and 2 females.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director.
Swim Participants must register for swimming by the deadline for their region. Coaches will enter the individual events through the ASSA website.
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers. No late registrations will be accepted.
All individual and relay entries must be entered into ASSA website by 10 p.m. on June 28th.